It’s the spooktacular time of the season where everyone gets an extra 10% off of every order. That’s right, everything on the site including pre-orders gets 10% off at checkout through November 1st.
In addition to that, we have a lot of new games hitting the site this month and next. First up on that list is Battlestar Galactica!
Help Captain Adama, Starbuck, Apollo and the rest of the crew of the Battlestar Galactica fight against the Cylons and the evil Number Six and Baltar.
Pick up singles for the first Base Set now and the second set Betrayal will be added soon.
The Game Sequence according to the Rulebook and Wikipedia:
Two or more players vie for influence in an attempt to win control of the Colonial Fleet. A player loses the game when his or her influence is reduced to zero, and wins the game either when he or she achieves 20 influence or all opponents have lost. Because it is possible for these conditions to be achieved simultaneously, ties may occur. There is no limit on the number of players in a game.
Players primarily lose influence by failing to provide a defender when another player initiates a challenge, or by failing to respond to a Cylon threat.
Turns consist of three phases, with all players working through each phase before moving onto the next phase. The phases are defined as follows:
- Ready Phase – During the ready phase, players ready and restore existing cards, draw two new cards, and may then play a card as a supply card or asset.
- Execution Phase – Players alternate playing a card, playing an ability, challenging, or resolving a mission. When both players have passed consecutively, the phase ends.
- Cylon Phase – If the Cylon threat level of the face-up alert and reserve cards exceeds the fleet defense level, the Cylons attack. When this occurs, each player reveals a Cylon threat, and each player must then challenge a threat or pass (losing one influence) until no threats remain or everyone has passed.
The player who goes first in all situations is the player with the lowest current influence at the start of the current phase.
- Bases – Cards which are not part of the main play deck. Each player reveals a base card at the start of the game, and this card determines a number of factors, including starting hand size and influence.
- Events – Events which have an immediate effect on the game.
- Personnel – Individuals or characters from the universe of Battlestar Galactica.
- Missions – A task or mission which a player’s fleet can attempt. Players typically resolve missions by meeting the mission requirements using face-up alert units.
- Ships – Space-going vessels or ships from Battlestar Galactica.
Each player’s deck must contain at least 60 cards, with no more than four copies of any one card. Cards with the same title but different subtitles count as different cards. Players must also supply a single base card, which does not count towards the 60-card minimum.
The premiere Base Set of Battlestar Galactica: CCG was released on May 31, 2006 and contains 175 cards from the miniseries, season 1, and season 2:
- 55 Rares
- 55 Uncommons
- 55 Commons
- 10 Fixed Cards found in starter decks.
Betrayal was released November 8, 2006 and contains 165 cards with 55 Rares, 55 Uncommons and 55 Commons.
Martial Law was an expansion set in development. Wiz Kids announced on March 13, 2007 that they were discontinuing development of the expansion.